Happiness at work is one of the 3 most important sources of happiness in life. You will spend 2/5 of your awake life at work. If you're unhappy at work, life becomes hell.
Some of our news from January were related to Happiness at work. One of our New Year's resolutions for 2016. was to bring even more happiness to clients and to our workplace at Vega IT.
A few months ago we became partners with the company called Woohoo inc. and that was AWESOME. They provided us access to all the material they have about the Happiness at work topic, best practices, research studies and many more. We chose our colleague Saša Novaković as a CHO. :-)
We spent a lot of time studying those materials and trying to figure out our own best practices.
We tried to answer these questions:
- What makes us happy at work? - and no, it's not raises, bonuses and perks.
- What can we do to implement this directly into our work?
Happiness at work is not something you get automatically or on your own. It takes focus, time and long term collaboration between managers and colleagues.
After we had started using these best practices we figured out that happiness at work was such an important factor for success and happiness in our personal lives so we decided to share our research and knowledge with others from the IT world.
In the last few months we gave some AWESOME talks and workshops about Happiness at work at:
- High School Isidora Sekulic Novi Sad - lecture,
- Faculty of Science Novi Sad - Lecture and Workshop,
- Faculty of Technical Sciences Novi Sad - lecture,
- Technical Faculty Mihajlo Pupin Zrenjanin - Lecture and Workshop
- ZINC Event Novi Sad (Zooming Innovation in Consumer Electronics) - Workshop.
We got great feedback regarding these events and, together with participants, we came up with so many conclusions which help us in everyday work.
We have a long road ahead of us, but just as the quote said:
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. "
Stay tuned for more news about Happiness at work.